GLPI is an inventory system that takes information from OCSInventory and from fusioninventory but also allows you to insert items manually. This is important because OCSInventory only takes information from it's agents.
The files/ and plugins/ directories must be chown by www-data
You need to use the following plugins:
archires / Network Architectures (note version <9.2)
glpi-addressing (version <9.2)
pdf (version <9.2)
unzip them and copy them to /var/www/glpi/plugins/
They will then appear under Setup -> Plugins
In order to install them you must chown www-data /var/www/glpi/plugins/
If you get version problems, you can have a look in setup.php for the GLPI_VERSION string to see if you can play with that
Setting up for OCS Inventory sync
- in ocsreports site config -> config -> tab Server -> enable TRACE_DELETED
- In Setup -> Plugins click on the name (OSCInventory NG) and then on the + next to the breadcrumbs
- Then under Tools -> OCSInventory NG you can test the configuration and configure the sync. You will have to still import by hand from here before the auto sync will run.
- Tools -> OCSInventory NG -> Configuration of server: Import options, fill in Web address of the OCSNG console, set Number of items to synchronize via the automatic OCSNG action to 100, change the rest to global import, set Use OCS dictionnary = no
- Setup -> Automatic Actions -> ocsng -> set status to Scheduled, run mode to CLI, edit /etc/cron.d/glpi -> execute for test, check logs every so often
- Under Assets I change the view to add OCSinventory tag, IP, MAC and put them at the top of the list.
This only works if you are clicking on the site. In order to have a proper scheduled run you need to put the following /etc/cron.d/glpi:
*/5 * * * * www-data /usr/bin/php5 /var/www/glpi/front/cron.php &>/dev/null
- In Setup -> General Setup -> Inventory tab (NB if you don't see this option click on the icon that looks like 4 columns of text with a down triangle next to it in the centre of the topbar) enable the OCSNG mode
- Setup -> OCSNG mode -> click on the servername to edit it. fill in the options and select what you want to import
- Tools -> OSCNG -> select the type of import.